maandag 27 februari 2012

'Facebook'

In the absence of Facebook I will now share a list of 'updates' which otherwise would have ended up on my 'wall'.

I just uploaded a whole bunch of new pictures in Flickr.

Today I had lunch in the university cafeteria which is the size of a football field.

Today was the first day of my internship. I received keys to the laboratory and the faculty building and got myself a computer. I have also met the other PhD students who study Computer Science.

Since my arrival in Viçosa I have never felt unsafe, insecure or uncomfortable. The people here are very friendly and helpful.

Today Rodolfo, one of my new 'colleagues', has helped me to buy a cupboard for only R$ 50. Too bad the trade failed epicly.

Today all the freshman arrived; the city is filled with students who have painted themselves with crazy slogans like: "I got in!" and "Viçosa here I come".

Today I fell in love with a local bakery which makes the best bread in the world. (Secret: at 17:05 the new stash arrives)

This is my first topic which is totally in English. Many more will follow.

Today I clocked the time between my room and the university; 25 minutes by foot.

Tomorrow I'm going to get a ticket to one of the many parties which are hosted this week.

This weekend I will probably travel to Belo Horizonte to meet Marco, hang out and host a BBQ. Later this year we will do a road-trip to Florianopolis.

Today I picked the date I will finally see Gui Boratto live. 27th of March, Kiss & Fly in Rio de Janeiro.

More updates to come ...